ACLS Digital Extension Grants
ACLS DIGITAL EXTENSION GRANTS: The American Council of Learned Societies invites applications for the 2016–17 ACLS Digital Extension Grant competition. It is hoped that these grants will help advance humanistic scholarship by enhancing established digital research projects and extending their reach to new communities of users. This program aims to extend the opportunity to participate in the digital transformation of humanistic inquiry to a greater number of humanities scholars. To this end, projects supported by ACLS Digital Extension Grants may:
- Extend established digital projects and resources with content that adds diversity or interdisciplinary reach
- Develop new systems of making established digital resources available to broader audiences or scholars from diverse institutions
- Foster new team-based work or collaborations that allow scholars from institutions with limited digital infrastructure to exploit digital resources
- Create new forms and sites for scholarly engagement with the digital humanities. Projects that document and recognize participant engagement are strongly encouraged.
- Support projects aimed at preserving and making sustainable established digital projects and content.
ACLS will award up to six Digital Extension Grants in this competition year. Each grant provides funding of up to $125,000 to support a range of project costs, including, where necessary, salary replacement for faculty or staff members. As this program places special emphasis on extending access to digital research opportunities to scholars working at US colleges and universities of all categories, applicants also may request up to an additional $25,000 to fund concrete plans to collaborate with and build networks among scholars from US higher education institutions of diverse proapp/uploads/sites/3.
The deadline for applications is 9:00 p.m. EST, 25 January 2017. Applications will be accepted only through ACLS’s Online Fellowship and Grant Application system.
Additional information about the eligibility criteria and terms of ACLS Digital Extension Grants is available at www.acls.org/programs/digitalextension/. Questions may be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information about ACLS programs, visit www.acls.org.