Summer Institute for Israel Studies
SUMMER INSTITUTE FOR ISRAEL STUDIES: Created to address the need for serious and nuanced study of Israel in the academy, the Summer Institute for Israel Studies is a rigorous program that equips faculty members to develop and teach courses about modern Israel in any discipline. A stipend of up to $2,500, group travel, accommodations, and most meals are provided.
- Engage with a world-class faculty from Israel and the United States in a two-week multidisciplinary Brandeis seminar.
- Meet with leading personalities in public life, the academy, and the arts on a ten-day Israel study tour.
- Explore the complexity of Israeli society, politics, and culture.
- Develop or revise a syllabus to teach at your home institution.
- Join a network of over 335 alumni—teaching at over 200 institutions—supported by a wealth of pedagogical resources and ongoing professional development.
Faculty members teaching outside Israel are eligible for the program.
Apply online by 31 January 2020. Learn more at www.brandeis.edu/israel-center/siis/index.html.