Tradition and Experimentation in Irish Literature since Modernism
Due Date: 03-31-2023
HJEAS Books, New Series (https://ojs.lib.unideb.hu/hjeas/aboutbooks) is soliciting proposals for articles for an edited volume to be published in 2025 as an open-access, peer-reviewed publication with print-on-demand copies.
Article proposals (ca. 300 words) should be sent to Katarzyna Ojrzyńska (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Wit Pietrzak (email@example.com) by 31 March 2023. Full articles should be submitted by 31 August 2023.
The topics of articles may include
- realist and experimental modes in high modernism and onwards;
- experimental literature today and a century ago: continuity and change;
- revisions of the realist mode in contemporary Irish literatures;
- ethics and aesthetics of realist or experimental literature;
- the great masters’ (stifling/enabling) influences;
- contemporary realisms (including magical realism);
- voices from the margin (social, cultural, racial, etc.) and the conventions and aesthetics they have embraced or created;
- cosmopolitanism vs. parochialism—openness and resistance to foreign trends;
- Irish literature and globalization (e.g., realism and experimentation in literary responses to global traumas, literature and the new media, literature and migration, etc.); and
- the aesthetics of nostalgia and futurity.
The full CFP is available on the website of the Scopus-indexed Hungarian Journal of English and American Studies: https://ojs.lib.unideb.hu/hjeas/announcement/view/20.